PRE-SALE: We are now offering a pre-sale on our upcoming documentary, “Bridge to Babylon” the third part of our history of the Bible series and the sequel to "A Lamp in the Dark" and “Tares Among the Wheat.”
For those who order the pre-sale, please remember that we expect to ship the finished copies in July. As such, any items that are ordered with “Bridge” will be shipped along with the new DVD. If you wish to receive certain items beforehand, you must order them separately to cover the cost for separate shipping.
Below is a description of the upcoming new release.
|An Adullam Films Production
Written & Directed by Christian J. Pinto
Featured Speakers: Dr. Phil Stringer, Dr. David Brown, David Daniels, Dr. D.A. Waite, Dr. Jack Moorman, Dr. Kirk DiVietro, Dr. H.D. Williams, Dr. Ronald Cooke & Dr. James R. White.
In 1881, two scholars named Westcott and Hort published a revision of the New Testament that would send shockwaves through the academic world. Their new textual theory declared that the King James Version (which had been trusted for centuries) was full of errors. Sacred readings, long cherished by the faithful, were now declared to be forgeries. The world was informed that the book, which had been called the inerrant Word of God, was in need of correction.
The new theory claimed that recently recovered manuscripts revealed a truer version of Scripture. Yet others warned that these manuscripts were, in fact, the creation of early Gnostic heretics that had been rightly abandoned centuries before. Was the new revision filled with ancient corruptions?
Follow the story of the Bible’s controversial history into the twentieth century, as the work of Westcott and Hort would transform biblical scholarship, inspire the work of various Bible Societies, and pave the way for the cause of ecumenical unity between Evangelical Protestants and Rome.
SUBJECTS COVERED IN THIS DOCUMENTARY:
1) The history of the Revision of the Bible in 1881.
2) The objections of Dean John W. Burgon concerning the “new Greek text” invented by Anglican scholars, B.F. Westcott and F.J.A. Hort.
3) The analysis of George Sayles Bishop, R.L. Dabney and William G. Blaikie who likewise opposed the Revision of Westcott and Hort in the 19th century.
4) Proof that the purpose of the Revision was to overthrow the Received Text of the Protestant Reformation.
5) The warnings of Dr. F.H.A. Scrivener who declared that the theory behind the new Greek text was based on conjecture and fantasy.
6) The “Romish” doctrines of Westcott and Hort, as revealed in their letters, along with admissions of willful deception and heresy.
7) The warnings of early Church fathers concerning the corruptions of Gnostic heretics who altered ancient manuscripts in the early centuries.
8) Examples from the Critical Text of what are believed to be Gnostic influences that currently influence the majority of modern bibles.
9) How the work of Westcott and Hort was transformed into the Nestle-Aland Greek text, used by the vast majority of Bible colleges and universities, as well as most Bible translations.
10) The beliefs of Dr. Kurt Aland (the chief influence behind the Nestle-Aland Greek text) who denied the apostolic authorship of the New Testament, and suggested that Jesus may have been a mere “phantom.”
11) The influence of Dr. Bruce Metzger, a leading Bible critic of the 20th century (who worked on the RSV and NRSV translations) and his denial of the authorship of Moses in the Old Testament.
12) The influence of William Cameron Townsend, founder of Wycliffe Bible Translators, and Dr. Eugene Nida, father of the dynamic equivalence method of Bible translation (i.e. paraphrase).
13) The development of “bridge bibles” and what they mean.
14) The discovery of the Bodmer Papyri by a Jesuit priest.
15) Proof that the discovery of the Bodmer Papyri is associated with ancient Gnostic groups from the Nag Hammadi region of Egypt.
16) The influence of Rome, her Jesuits, and the ecumenical movement in the development of a single Greek text, as the “one world Bible” to unify all churches.
17) Discussion with Dr. James White (author of The King James Only Controversy) concerning his defense of the Critical Text and modern versions in general.
Please continue to pray for this project, that it will be a blessing to many people and bring forth fruit for the glory of God.
To receive our newsletter and updates, please enter email address below: